Skip to content
The #1 Website to Find and Compare the Best PEOs and Offsite HR Companies
Internal Revenue Service
A Certified Professional Employer Organization or CPEO is solely liable for paying the customer's employment taxes, filing returns, and making deposits and payments for the taxes reported with regard to remuneration it pays to work site employees as defined in IRC 7705(e).
• Employers may enter into a service contract with a certified professional employer organization (CPEO) in which the CPEO agrees to take over some or all of the employer’s federal employment tax withholding, reporting and payment responsibilities and obligations.
• The start and end of these contracts must be reported to the IRS on Form 8973, Certified Professional Employer Organization/Customer Reporting Agreement. Form 8973 also notifies the IRS of the tax returns the CPEO will file reporting wages or compensation paid to employees performing services for the customer.
• A CPEO and its customer may both be liable with regard to remuneration the CPEO pays to non-worksite employees.
The Employer Services Assurance Corporation (ESAC) is an independent nonprofit corporation that is the official accreditation and financial assurance organization for the PEO industry.
• Earning accreditation demonstrates a PEO’s financial stability, ethical business conduct and adherence to operational standards and regulatory requirements.
• ESAC provides time-tested verification and financial assurance of all key areas of PEO reliability for both IRS certified and non-certified entities.
• Accreditation ensures that all PEO entities under common ownership are financially reliable–a proven reliability advantage for accredited PEO clients and a valuable market differentiator for accredited PEOs.
Workers' compensation ("WC") risk management is an important component of the total human resources solution delivered to business clients by Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs).
The PEO WC risk management certification program provides:
• Independent professional verification that a PEO's risk management program is meeting proven insurance industry risk management best practices to reduce work-related accidents and health exposures and control WC insurance losses;
• PEO client business owners with assurance that their service provider has the capability to deliver important risk management results; and
• WC insurance companies with assurance that a PEO is implementing industry best practices in a consistent and effective manner.
A Comprehensive and Flexible Corporate Benefits Package
Employee Enrollments, Termination
Employee Support Center
Employee Claims Support
Premium Payments, Statements
* Major Medical Insurance
* Dental and Vision Insurance
* Wellness Programs
* Life Insurance
* Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
* 401k Retirement Savings Plan
* Health Savings Account (HSA) * Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) * Employee Support and Assistance